How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 3951
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I had a question regarding my husbands immigration status.

Customer Question

I had a question regarding my husbands immigration status. His VISA has expired and I wanted to help him get his citizenship. We are legally married but what I am worried about is that he has tickets that I believe may have turned to warrants and I wasn't sure how to go about this process. Any help or advice on what our first step would be?
JA: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?
Customer: I am a citizen and no pending applications or petitions.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: not yet.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No that is all. thank you.
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 10 months ago.

Hello my name Jennifer and I am the attorney assisting you today. So these are traffic tickets that he never paid?

How old are these tickets?

Were all of the tickets from the same city/state?

You are not charged for responding to my questions.

Related Immigration Law Questions