How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 108974
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am looking for some directions to bring my mother who is

Customer Question

Hi :I am looking for some directions to bring my mother who is 80 years residing in INDIA, I am a US citizen
Please let me know, if I need to file only I -130 . Is there any other process to expidite
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 10 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 14 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

Is there an emergency situation? What is it?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi Guillermo: There is not really emergency, My mom is 80 + years, seems healthy now do not want to delay the process to bring her when she is comfortable.
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 10 months ago.

Well, if there was an emergency, there is the Humanitarian Parole. Here is a link:

If not, the process will probably take about a year or so. Here is an official link to that process:

She would be in IR-5 category. If there is not an emergency, but there is some urgency, it may be possible to expedite. Here are some links:

So yes, the I-130 is what starts off the process. Just follow those instructions on the I-130 and you should be fine.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! If you have no further questions (at this time) please leave a positive rating for my service. I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars or smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, you may have to scroll up to the top of the page or click on my name and they should come out. Also, your session does NOT close when leaving a positive rating, so you can continue to ask additional questions without additional charge. Thank you for your understanding.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi, The humanitarian-parole is something like an extension when she is visiting?
I was looking for help to file I- 130 for elderlycitizen immigration with minimal wait. 1 year will be too long
If she visits me using visitor visa, can I still apply for Residency while she is here? Normally it is 6 months? I think if she is a resident she will have some medical care through dependent insurance under me?
I do not want to fill this document without your expert guidanceRegards,
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 10 months ago.

No. The Humanitarian Parole is something to allow her to come to the U.S. quickly.

If she visits on a B-2 tourist visa, then yes, you can immediately apply for Adjustment of Status for her. And yes, it would be prudent to purchase independent medical insurance for her.

If you want help with Adjustment of Status, those are my favorite cases to do. I will send you a Premium Service offer so that we can discuss it.

Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 10 months ago.

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!

Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 10 months ago.

Thank you for your kindness and respect. Good luck to you.

Related Immigration Law Questions