How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ScottyMacESQ Your Own Question
ScottyMacESQ, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 16349
Experience:  Texas General Practice Attorney
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
ScottyMacESQ is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'd like to know if there's something I can do about an open

Customer Question

Hello I'd like to know if there's something I can do about an open relationship with my fiancé after living 4 years in her house which hers because is under her name. I ended up finding out that she cheated on me and married a man in the Dominican Republic
JA: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?
Customer: No I just don't know if I can take legal action on this because we weren't married we just lived together 4 years
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think this marriage is fraudulent because she once mentioned me that a friend ask her to do this favor for her
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  ScottyMacESQ replied 10 months ago.

Thank you for using JustAnswer.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. You can report immigration fraud by going to the following website:

You don't have to be married to the person that you're reporting (that would significantly undermine the fraud reporting mechanism if that were a requirement). You do need to know, however, that they'll still look at this suspiciously. Often "jilted lovers" (someone who is cheated on, or going through a separation or divorce) will report their former significant other. In these situations there could be less than the amount of evidence that the US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) would like to have to pursue prosecution.

It's a good thing that you heard her once mention that a friend asked her to do this favor for her, but it might not be enough. That's "hearsay" and often is not allowed for the purposes of showing conformance with that request. But it might still be enough for them to look more carefully at any application filed with USCIS and investigate it a bit more thoroughly for fraud.

Hope that clears things up a bit. If you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer AND press the "submit" button, if applicable. Please note that I don't get any credit for the time and effort that I spent on this answer unless and until you rate it positively (3 or more stars). Look for the stars on your screen (★★★★★). Thank you, ***** ***** luck to you!