How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 19117
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I received an RFE for my H4 extension. Not yet. I need to

Customer Question

I received an RFE for my H4 extension.
JA: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?
Customer: Not yet. I need to sibmit it before Oct 26th. RFE says "Submit police clearances, criminal background checks or similar reports. " I live in CA
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
RFE also has the following If those police clearance letters show that you have been arrested, submit the following:
1. Copies of arrest report
2. Copies of court documents showing final decision
3. Relevant experts of law for that jurisdiction showing the maximum possible penalty for each charge.I was arrested for domestic violence but I was given a discharge notice and no complaint was filed.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I'd like to know from where I can get these records and how?
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 9 months ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 9 months ago.

You need to go to the Courthouse at the Clerk's office where the case was filed to request the documents. You would need certified copies of the Court documents. The Clerk's office would handle this for you at nominal cost. As for the excerpts of law dealing with the penalties, you can also ask the Clerk's office to print you out the penalties for the offense.

Related Immigration Law Questions