Immigration Law

Immigration Law Questions? Ask an Immigration Lawyer.

Immigration Law

I have my final hearing next year at the immigration court

Customer Question
and my bf and me...
i have my final hearing next year at the immigration court and my bf and me want to get married and he is a citizen and he is in the army so what can i do?
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?
Customer: texas
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: not yet we didnt yet
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Immigration Law
9/28/2016
Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 14 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

Why are you being deported? How did you enter the U.S.? What visa did you use?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i am not been deported
i come in USA in december 2011 with a visitor visa that i changed as an f1 visa in august 2012

No, you aren't deported yet, but you are in the process of being deported. Apart from overstaying your status, is there any other reason they are trying to deport you? I ask because normally you would not be a priority for deportation unless you committed a crime or they grabbed you for some specific reason.

I do not know why you are not responding, but you are not charged per question, per response, nor per answer. So after I give you my answer, you can continue to ask me questions without additional charge until you are satisfied. I apologize if it is a site issue that you posted and the post did not go through.

Hopefully, you don't have a crime in your background that would prevent you from getting U.S. Lawful Permanent Residency. You will need to marry and immediately file an I-130. You will want to continue any immigration court hearing by explaining that you have a pending I-130 based upon a marriage to a U.S. Citizen. After the I-130 is approved, you will inform the court and either ask for a hearing to file the I-485 with the court so that you can get Residency, or you would ask the court to terminate proceedings so that you can file the I-485 with USCIS.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! If you have no further questions (at this time) please leave a positive rating for my service. I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars or smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, you may have to scroll up to the top of the page or click on my name and they should come out. Also, your session does NOT close when leaving a positive rating, so you can continue to ask additional questions without additional charge. Thank you for your understanding.

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hello sir, i la sorry for the late but i la
Not in the process to be deported. I ma just waiting for my second court hearing Next year. But my boyfriend who is in the US army and me want ed to get married. My problem is i wanted to Know if it wont have an impact on my asylum case.

If you are in immigration court with an Asylum case, if you lose the case, you are supposed to be deported. So you are in removal proceedings, you are just trying to defend yourself with an Asylum case. Anyway, my previous answer is the same. You boyfriend can marry you and then he can file an I-130 for you. If approved, you ask the Immigration Judge to withdraw your Asylum case and allow you to file an I-485 with the court, or you ask the court to terminate proceedings so you can file the I-485 with USCIS.

Let me know if you need anything else, but please do not forget to rate me positively. You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see the stars or smiley faces, please scroll to the top of the page to see them or click on my name and they should come out. Also, we do NOT finish just because it says "Rate to Finish" or something like that. Your question does NOT close and you can continue to ask questions without additional charge on the same question thread even after you leave a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding!

Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.