How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 19111
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live in California and got married in may of 2010 in

Customer Question

Hello, I live in California and got married in may of 2010 in Mexico, my wife at that time entered the USA with a tourist visa but did not leave after her first 6 months stay. In November 2014 she was granted permanent residence, the agent said that since she had good behavior and we had been married for some time now that she could apply for Citizenship a year later. In May of 2015 she started school and got a full time job. In September of that same year she had an affair and left home. Got her own place and shortly after the new boyfriend moved in. Since that was not even a year of being granted residency, can it be taken away?
She is currently facing 6 counts of felony assult and DV charges and we are currently in the process of divorce. Process started in June 2016. We have 2 children together.
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 9 months ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 9 months ago.

I am so sorry to read about your difficulties.

Her Green Card cannot be taken away solely because it has been less than a year since she received the Green Card. However, her Green can be taken away--can be rescinded if you can prove that she married you to get the Green Card. You can file complaint with ICE (U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement) and let the agency investigate. If the investigation confirms your allegation, her Green Card would be rescinded. Click here to file your complaint.

Goodluck with your case,

Related Immigration Law Questions