Immigration Law

Immigration Law Questions? Ask an Immigration Lawyer.

Immigration Law

I am from India.. yes, no, i need clarification...

Customer Question
Hi JA: Hi. How can we...
Hi
JA: Hi. How can we be of help?
Customer: i am from India..
JA: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?
Customer: yes
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: i need clarification...
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Immigration Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/26/2016
Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 14 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

So what do you need clarification on?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
hello ,i am currently in india , i was in US In l1b since 2015 sep with my current employer , i applied h1b in April 2015 and i received an approval in Sep 2015, since i was in L1b my h1 was approved i couldn't able to continue with my current employer beyond oct 1st 2015, so i came back to india in sep 2015, i went for stamping in us consulate in india, i received a blue slip for "administrative process", i was waiting for the decision for last 6 month, in the mean time my current employer filed l1a petition and it got approved last week, today i received a email from embassy to drop my passport for the h1b administrative case. now my question is can i drop my passport with us embassy in couple of days.and get it h1b stamped and also go for my L1a stamping in a next month. can i have 2 active non immigrant visa "h1b" & "L1A" stamped and active at the same time. is that immigration rules that allows to have 2 active visa available at same time.? if this is not feasible which visa will be active (H1b stamping first , l1a stamping next) if you need more information please email @*****@******.***

Yes, you can have multiple active visas in your passport at the same time, but you can only be in the U.S. in one status. So the visa that you use to enter will be the status that you will have when you are admitted into the U.S. If you want to change status, you would either have to leave the U.S. and come back on the other visa, or you would need to file a change of status in the U.S.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! If you have no further questions (at this time) please leave a positive rating for my service. I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars or smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, you may have to scroll up to the top of the page or click on my name and they should come out. Also, your session does NOT close when leaving a positive rating, so you can continue to ask additional questions without additional charge. Thank you for your understanding.

Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.