How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Immigration Law Answer Team
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 116715
Experience:  Immigration Law Expert
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

You did not answer the question to you about ownership of

Customer Question

you did not answer the question to you about ownership of family member gold. how are legal papers received so the gold can be sold in Ghana. Doug
JA: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?
Customer: no
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: what is involved , process and cost to get ownership papers.
JA: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Immigration Lawyer. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.
Customer: ok
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 10 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Any legitimate gold for export (since most of these alleged family gold claims are scams coming out of Ghana and Nigeria) must go through the Precious Minerals Marketing Company for approval through the Ghana government before it can be removed from the country. See:
The company is a quasi government entity and it certifies the legitimacy of the gold and obtains the proper export certifications required to take the gold out of the country. If you are dealing with anyone other than PMMC, then it is likely a scam and as such there is generally no gold, it is just a scam to make you pay money for gold that will never arrive. You need to deal direct with the PMMC, not take someone else's word for it to avoid one of the thousands of gold scams coming out of Ghana.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Like I told, you he needs cash money for that,.. he has no cash only assets.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 9 months ago.
Thank you for your reply.
I am afraid that is not true and if he is telling you that then there is no gold and this is part of a gold scam. Gold is actual currency and can be used to pay for whatever he needs. So claiming he needs cash to get gold out is a lie and it is a frequent part of Ghana gold scams I am sorry to inform you. This is not the first time we have heard your question, we get this same question at least 10 times a week from people, but unfortunately the information you were given is the legal information on what has to be done.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
hello, I know everything You told me already. can he do this without cash in hand
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
He does not have ownership papers. Does he need proof of ownership and how does he get it.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 9 months ago.
Thank you for your reply.
He does not need cash in hand, they will take it from the gold. Of course he has to prove ownership of the gold. He will need some document from wherever he received the gold from, the family member, inheritance papers, probate court, some type of document. I mean without that it is like me saying I own your car, but I just do not have the papers, what good is that?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
sounds like he has to go to probate court, but he needs cash for that to hire a atty
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 9 months ago.

Thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately, he would need to do something to prove ownership. HOWEVER, most probate attorneys will take the fee from the estate if the estate has assets as this one does, so no he does not need cash up front.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Do you have the names of trusted probate attys who will do this That I can send the boy to..
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 9 months ago.
Thank you for your reply.
Unfortunately, we do not know attorneys worldwide and cannot make personal referrals as it is against site rules. The best we can suggest is the same sites used by other attorneys, or

Related Immigration Law Questions