Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
12467490

I have been a permanent resident of the US since 1963. Every

Customer Question

Hello. I have been a permanent resident of the US since 1963. Every 10 years I have renewed my green card. The first time I renewed it I had married and went thru the obtaining proof of name change. Since then my green cards have always come in my married name. This time around they are asking if I have changed my name since issuance of my card. I dont know if they mean since the last time or from 1963.
JA: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?
Customer: No I have not
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No. This has always been such a simple process meeting with a immigration rep every 10 years and bingo done!
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: What is the charge to speak with an attorney?
JA: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Immigration Lawyer. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.
Customer: I am hoping to get this question answered without hiring an attorney, but thanks for your time
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions today. I have 35 years experience as an immigration lawyer.

They are asking if you have had a name change since the last card was issued, not since the time you originally became a permanent resident.

I am eager to make this a positive experience for you. Please ask follow-up questions if my answer is not clear.
I hope that I have provided excellent service and, if so, would love a 5 star rating. If not, please let me know how I can further assist you. In the future, you may begin your questions with “FOR JUDITH” and I will be your personal immigration expert.