Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
12467490

I am a foreigner in the US since 2015 with an L1 VISA for an

Customer Question

I am a foreigner in the US since 2015 with an L1 VISA for an intra-company transfer. My husband is on a L2 VISA, linked to mine. He is planning in opening a business in the US. If I should lose my job, or decide to quit to work in his business in the future, would it be possible to transform the VISA to stay in the US? Thank you
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 11 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions. I am reviewing it and will post your answer momentarily.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions today. I have 35 years experience as an immigration lawyer.

If his investment is $500K in a regional center or an economically disadvantaged area and he employs 10 people or more he may qualify for EB5 permanent resident visa.

There are treaty investors available to citizens of certain other countries which may be an option depending of where he holds citizenship.

USCIS is also currently establishing regulations for entrepeneur program which you can read more about here. It's investment level is $350,000

https://www.fragomen.com/knowledge-center/immigration-alerts/uscis-proposes-parole-program-foreign-entrepreneurs

It is expected to be in place in a few months.

Of course, I am sure you understand your positive rating is very important to me as we are not on salary and that is how we receive compensation, you choosing a smiley face or 3+ stars
In the future, you may begin your questions with “FOR JUDITH” and I will be your personal immigration expert.

Judith

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you.
But what happens if the investment level is below 200k$?

There is no program for him to get a visa.

Judith