How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 3933
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

From India.After marriage ( Got married in Dec 9,2012) I

Customer Question

Hi,My name is ***** ***** India.After marriage ( Got married in Dec 9,2012) I came to USA on a dependent visa ( H4) on Feb,2013.
I got my green card in the year 2015 for 10 years validity.Things are not working with my husband any more.
I want to come out from this marriage.I have a daughther she is born in USA on Nov8th,2013 .
I want to know whether their will be any problem regarding my status if I come out from my marriage.
JA: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?
Customer: Nothing is pending.I got my green card
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No I am checking for the first time
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Everything is covered
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 10 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions today. I have 35 years experience as an immigration lawyer.

What was the date you got your green card - adjustment date?

Is your husband physically abusive?


Related Immigration Law Questions