How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 3963
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband and I need to sort expedited advanced parole for

Customer Question

My husband and I need to sort expedited advanced parole for a business emergency in Israel that he absolutely must attend - he is doing a festival out there in November and is having serious issues with his partners regarding a lease, permitting, some talent and equipment - the partners are not managing partners and need him to handle this within the next few days. However, our forms are all still pending and when i called USCIS again, they said they cannot expedite anything that fast and our only option is to go to a USCIS office - however, they could not tell me what the documents I need to bring are. Would an email chain suffice or should we get an official letter from the company? The financial risks are very high, I'm waiting for his best estimate but I'd say his stake is in the hundreds of thousands and he needs to get all of this sorted to ensure it still takes place (festival tickets have already been on sale). I can get letters from the partners, probably an email from the local govt I think, and what else should we bring or procure? I've never handled anything like this before and am not getting any clear answers from anywhere. Also is advanced parole in this case granted for a period of time or as related just to this event and for a limited travel time for what he needs now? I expect we should get his regular adv parole and work card, etc. by end of November so I'm looking to be prepared all around. THANKS
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 14 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

Are you a U.S. Citizen? What was the visa that he used to enter the U.S.? When did you file all the forms for him, the I-130, I-485 and especially the I-131?

Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

This was a repeat question. Would you like me to opt out to allow a different expert to answer and get a second opinion?