How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jen Marie, Esq. Your Own Question
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 5226
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Jen Marie, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can my employer sponsors me and how it would take?

Customer Question

Can my employer sponsors me and how long it would take ?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hi Sega-

my name is ***** ***** thanks for requesting me.

What is your current immigration status if you are in the US?

What is your level of education?

What position will you be sponsored for?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Actually I'm married with a U.S. citizen and our case still pending since almost 3years.I have my GED and wanted to enroll in College since 2012.However,I'm not able to obtain a student loan or a grant without my green card.I also work for an agency that takes care disabled people.
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

If you do not have current legal status in the US, then unfortunately your employer cannot sponsor you. You would not be able to use his sponsorship because you are illegal. The only way to fix your status now is to get it through a legal genuine marriage to a US citizen, or if you have a child that is us a US citizen and is over 21.

I'm sorry, Wish I had better news. Please remember to leave a rating on any open questions. This is the only way we receive credit for our time talking to you.


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My wife and have been married for years and our marriage is genuine as well but now we having problems just like any other couples and she is threatening to end the petition just to stick it to me.That is why I'm thinking about divorcing her.Thanks anyway for your help.I appreciated it.
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

I'm so sorry to hear that. I Hope you will be able to work it out or if not that you find the best possible solution. I hope I have helped guide you in the process.

I hope to have earned your positive rating. Please kindly remember to issue it. Best of luck.