How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 109661
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Immigration Question Here: Reading through what I need to

Customer Question

Immigration Question Here:
Reading through what I need to immigrate my fiancé to the US.
I was living stateside, but late into my finances pregnancy, I moved with her to Mexico. I retain my US employment, and meet the 125% + income level, however I no longer have a physical domicile in the US. I intend to return stateside with my family, but am concerned that not having a physical address will be an issue. I get my pay stubs delivered to the office where I work.
My child has US citizenship through birth abroad, it's only my fiancé that needs an immigrant/nonimmigrant visa so we can adjust status.
Will not having a physical address stop immigration procedures? Do I need to rent a place to demonstrate I live in the US? I currently don't, and that seems like a financial burden, seeing as I would rather live with my family than rent a place stateside.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 14 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

At the interview for the visa, she may need to show that you have taken significant steps to show that you are moving back to the U.S. either before her or with her. Those steps could be purchase of a home and/or automobile, or entering into a lease for a home and/or automobile, obtaining a job in the U.S. (perhaps that you will be located in a specific office in the U.S. rather than being at home - an employer letter could specify that), registering for school, registering your child for school, renewing your auto insurance, your driver's license, your medical insurance, and anything else you can think of.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! If you have no further questions (at this time) please leave a positive rating for my service. I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars or smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, you may have to scroll up to the top of the page or click on my name and they should come out. Also, your session does NOT close when leaving a positive rating, so you can continue to ask additional questions without additional charge. Thank you for your understanding.

Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello Edwin. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!

Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your kindness and respect. Good luck to you.