How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 102506
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What do I need other than an American passport to go to

Customer Question

What do I need other than an American passport to go to Venezuela? Do I need proof that I don't have dual citizenship? Or that I'm not a Venezuelan citizen?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

A valid passport and valid visa are required to enter Venezuela. Airlines will refuse to board U.S. citizens who do not possess a valid Venezuelan tourist visa. You can get a Venezuelan visa at the nearest Venezuelan Embassy or Consulate. Some U.S. citizens have been turned back to the United States because their passports were to expire in less than six months. Passports should also be in good condition, as some U.S. citizens have been delayed or detained overnight for having otherwise valid passports in poor condition.

Travelers may be required to show immigration officials proof of accommodation while in Venezuela (meaning proof of a hotel being booked), an adequate means to support themselves (proof of funds) and an onward departure itinerary (meaning a pre-purchased ticket out of the country).

There is no proof required to show that you are a not a dual-Citizen meaning US and Venezuela or US and any other country.

If you do have dual citizenship with Venezuela, then my answer would change - reply and let me know.

I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how experts get credit for our time. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating.