How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jen Marie, Esq. Your Own Question
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4721
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Jen Marie, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can someone be deported if he did I not sing the deportation

Customer Question

Can someone be deported if he did I not sing the deportation papers
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 10 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the immigration attorney helping you today.

If a person is detained and they refuse to sign deportation documents, they will not be deported right away. What will happen is that the person will be scheduled to see an immigration judge in immigration court hearings. The person will have a chance to present their case and any defenses that they qualify for during those hearings, if they have any. The immigration judge will then decide to approve any of the applications that the person applies for, or deny them. If they are denied, then at that point the person will be given a deportation order and can be deported from the US. The person has 30 days after denial to appeal the decision and after that the deportation order became final.

Good luck to you during this process and I hope this answer has helped you!

Please kindly remember to leave a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the STARS. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid. If you don't leave a rating, I receive no credit for my time.

If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal.

Also the question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish.." So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost, don't worry. Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.

If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.


Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 10 months ago.

Hello again.. I see that you were able to view my answer after I sent it. But you did not ask any additional questions or leave feedback. Please let me know if you have any additional questions or anything I can clarify for you. My goal is to earn your positive rating.

Related Immigration Law Questions