How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Judith Ludwic Your Own Question
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 28811
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Judith Ludwic is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a lawful permanent resident and I am applying for

Customer Question

I am a lawful permanent resident and I am applying for citizenship. I have an issue in filling put the employment history. I have worked for the same company for the past 4 1/2 years, however, I have been paid via different legal entities, having 2 to 3 W-2s per year. They have centralized everything through our corporate office and as of March this year we are paid from the corporate office and not the individual legal entities. I guess my question is how should i fill out the employment history based on this?
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 10 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions today. I have 35 years experience as an immigration lawyer.

You will have to list each employer individually. Since each employer you worked for is a separate legal entity with it's own individual Employer Tax Identification Number you need to put each one down and attach a sheet of paper since all of the different corporations will not fit on the N-400.

If you cannot remember specific dates and your employer cannot run of an employment history for you just put approx and attach a statement explaining just as you did here what your employment situation was.

Of course, I am sure you understand your positive rating is very important to me as we are not on salary and that is how we receive compensation, you choosing a smiley face or 3+ stars
In the future, you may begin your questions with “FOR JUDITH” and I will be your personal immigration expert.


Related Immigration Law Questions