Immigration Law

Immigration Law Questions? Ask an Immigration Lawyer.

Immigration Law

In 2006 I became a naturalize US citizen. Once I was a US

Customer Question
citizen my two minor children...
In 2006 I became a naturalize US citizen. Once I was a US citizen my two minor children received their greencards. One of my children applied for and received a US passport before his 18th birthday.The other child did not get a US Passport and simply kept the greencard. The second childs Greencard expire in 2017, she is now 25 years old.The question is this. Is the second child a US Citizen even though she is now over 18? If so can so now apply for a US Passport ?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Immigration Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/2/2016
Immigration Lawyer: Nisha Jones, Esq., Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Nisha Jones, Esq.

Good afternoon, I am an Immigration Law attorney, I'll be answering your questions today, please understand this is for informational purposes only, and we do not currently have an attorney-client relationship. Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I forgot to add that if my daughter is a US Citizen what documents will her and I have to provide for her passport.

Thanks for your patience. Your daughter is not currently a US citizen, but the good news is it won't be very difficult for her to become one. She just needs to fill out and submit Form N-400 and she will receive her citizenship. She completely qualifies for it and should run into no problem at all. The entire process should take around 6 months for her.

Here is a link to a great resource by the USCIS that lists gives a 10-step list to naturalization. I think you will find it very helpful.

https://www.uscis.gov/citizenship/learners/apply-citizenship

She'll be able to get her US passport once she's completed the naturalization process.

I hope that helps! Please let me know if you have any other questions. Also, please take a moment to rate me using the stars as this is the only way experts are compensated for our time here on 'just answer'. It doesn't cost you anything to rate me, and we can still continue our conversation for free after. Thanks!

Hi! Just checking in to see if you have any more questions? I hope I was able to address all of your concerns. Please let me know, I'm here to help. Thanks!

Nisha Jones, Esq.
Nisha Jones, Esq.
Nisha Jones, Esq., Lawyer