How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Maverick Your Own Question
Maverick, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 6422
Experience:  20 years professional experience.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Maverick is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can I loose my card for fraud after being married and have

This answer was rated:

Can I loose my green card for fraud after being married and have it since 2007?

Welcome to Just Answer! My name is***** give me a few minutes to review, analyze and/or research your inquiry and I will be back.

Since there is no statute of limitations for immigration purposes [as opposed to criminal prosecution - which is 5 years] for green card fraud, there is a possibility of losing green card status if fraud is proven.

Note: (1) Just Answer’s site disclaimers apply to all levels of service; (2) Most follow-up questions are answered with in the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours; and (3) If we are done, please assign a feedback rating so Just Answer will compensate me for your question. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well the situation is this: I got my husband green card and we got divorce because he was cheating on me and domestic violence. He still giving me hard time, I just want to know if I can get rid of him and he can go far away from me and the only way is of he loose his green card

If USCIS hasn’t made a decision on your Form I-751, Petition to Remove the Conditions of Permanent Residence, you should submit a letter to USCIS asking to withdraw the joint petition and refuse to attend any scheduled interview. This make make things harder for him to get a ten year green card. If your spouse has already received his ten-year green card, there is little else you can do besides turn him in for marriage fraud.

See answer above....If marriage fraud is suspected, contact 1-***-***-****

Maverick and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you