Immigration Law

Immigration Law Questions? Ask an Immigration Lawyer.

Immigration Law

I have a friend/gf that came on her own from overseas on a

Customer Question
I am Texas, and I...
I am Texas, and I have a friend/gf that came on her own from overseas on a tourist visa and has overstayed over two years. I am planning on traveling to Florida to see my relatives and I want to take her with me. Here is the thing, I have children from a previous relationship that are traveling with me and a new wife from the Philippines who is here legally but not received her green card yet who will also be traveling with me. My question is if I am pulled over by the police, or border patrol, with the rest of my family or my new wife from the Philippines get in trouble for having my illegal friend in the car? I am traveling from Texas to Florida.
IN other words I will be traveling with my new wife from the philippines who does not have a green card yet (she came on k1 visa and we married within 90 days) my children, and my gf/friend that is illigal. I am worried if anything will happen to us if we get pulled over by border patrol or police for traffic violation or anything else.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Immigration Law
9/1/2016
Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 14 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

Just don't speed and make sure that all your tags and everything else on the car is up to date and in repair. You aren't really going to get into trouble, but your spouse could be detained until they realize that she has an I-485 pending and they should let her go and your friend could be detained as well, maybe for a few days to see if ICE will come pick her up. So be careful.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! If you have no further questions (at this time) please leave a positive rating for my service. I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars or smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, you may have to scroll up to the top of the page or click on my name and they should come out. Also, your session does NOT close when leaving a positive rating, so you can continue to ask additional questions without additional charge. Thank you for your understanding.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks for answering me, you actually read my question which is great. Let me just grab a tiny bit more clarification; we do not have the I485 pending yet (she came in February and we got married in April and we are sending the I485 this month) does her presence in my vehicle or condo endanger me, my wife, or my children at all for having an illegal person with me? and is this illegal person taking an unnecessary risk for herself with the chance of deportation?

You are not doing that for a living. Those laws are to catch coyotes that transport illegals for a fee. If you can travel by air, that's the safest way, believe it or not. By auto is the next safest. The worst is by bus. Let me know if you need anything else, but please do not forget that positive rating. Thank you!

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!

Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.