Immigration Law

Immigration law questions? Ask an immigration lawyer.

If by chance that I am denied for OPT, can I admit to the…

Customer Question
If by chance that I...
If by chance that I am denied for OPT, can I admit to the same college again even though my grace period of 60 days will be over, but I will still be under my TPS protection.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Immigration Law
9/1/2016
Immigration Lawyer: Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney replied 1 year ago
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney

Hello again and thanks for requesting me.

Unfortunately if your OPT is denied and your grace period is over, you cannot apply again eventhough you are on TPS. TPS is a temporary status and is not a legal status.

Good luck to you during this process and I hope this answer has helped you!

Please kindly remember to leave a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the STARS. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid. If you don't leave a rating, I receive no credit for my time.

If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal.

Also the question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish.." So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost, don't worry. Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.

If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.

Please remember to kindly issue a rating on each separate question you ask. Thank you.

Hello again.. I see that you were able to view my answer after I sent it. But you did not ask any additional questions or leave feedback. Please let me know if you have any additional questions or anything I can clarify for you. My goal is to earn your positive rating.

Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney