Immigration Law

Immigration Law Questions? Ask an Immigration Lawyer.

Immigration Law

My fiance is from South Africa and I am a US citizen. We are

Customer Question
My fiance is from South...
My fiance is from South Africa and I am a US citizen. We are both working in the Middle East currently. We would like to marry next year in the US. He has a US visa B1/B2 that is good until 03 June 2020. Can we marry in the US with him using that visa or do we need to apply for a fiance visa?
Any help you could give me would be much appreciated.
Thanks!
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Immigration Law
9/1/2016
Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 14 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

IF he can make it in, then he is SAFE like a runner getting into home base before the baseball. The problem is getting in. They might ask him to prove that he is only coming to visit and that he will go home after his visit. If they check his cell phone, laptop, emails, documents, etc. and they see that it looks like he is coming to stay, they could deny him entry or worse, give him a 5 year or permanent bar (if they catch him in a lie). So it is a risk. Many people don't care and they risk it anyway because they don't want to wait 9 months or so for a fiancé visa and be apart for that long, and lots of people get away with it, but some don't get away with it. So he can risk it, but if you do not want to risk it, he should apply for the K-1 visa.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! If you have no further questions (at this time) please leave a positive rating for my service. I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars or smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, please click on my name and they should come out. Also, your session does NOT close when leaving a positive rating, so you can continue to ask additional questions without additional charge. Thank you for your understanding.

Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.