Immigration Law

Immigration Law Questions? Ask an Immigration Lawyer.

Immigration Law

I am an Indian national: · Came to US in July 2005 on F1

Customer Question
My name is ***** *****...
My name is ***** ***** I am an Indian national:
· Came to US in July 2005 on F1 visa for MBA
· Joined Ernst and Young in 2007 and got H1B
· Quit E&Y and joined Citi (as VP in the Operations) in Jan 2012 (transferred H1 to Citi)
· Citi started GC in 2013 under EB2- Priority date is Dec 2013
· Got I-140 in Aug 2015 · Currently working for Citi (same role)
· Started real estate business on the side in NJ in 2013 (generating nominal profits)My ultimate objective is to quit job and focus on business full time while staying in US. Since I am an Indian national, I will have to wait 6 years for my priority date to become current (to file I-485).I read about portable work authorization - https://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2016/01/28/presidents-actions-promote-high-skill-immigrationQuestion - Does it allow me to quit my job? Will this portable work authorization help me in anyway in that regard? Any idea on possibility/probability of the portable work authorization being passed as of right now?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Immigration Law
8/30/2016
Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer

My apologies, that last message was not for you. I will opt out.

Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.