How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Attorney at Law
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Sam is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can I ask a question about immigration, No, I am planning to

Customer Question

JA: Hello. How can we help?
Customer: Can I ask a question about immigration
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: I am planning to apply for citizenship and 2 years ago I had a peace order (I voluntarily accept to enter into it) I was wondering how this may affect the process
JA: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?
Customer: no
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Sam replied 11 months ago.


This is Samuel. I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Expert:  Sam replied 11 months ago.

I suggest, if you have not had any other incidents or run ins of this nature or any other criminal activities, it will be evaluated on its merit. Each case of this nature is considered on a case by case basis. That means, that it will appear and when interviewed, you would be questioned about it. Simple tell the truth that you voluntarily agreed to it and why and that you are a good law abiding, tax payer now.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
thank you
This was in Maryland I was wondering if this record can be shield?
Expert:  Sam replied 11 months ago.

Yes. If you can file with the same court a "Petition to Modify/Rescind Protective Order" If you can get the Order Rescinded, then that will be reflective in the court records. But as to having it completely removed out of public view, you cannot achieve that.

Expert:  Sam replied 11 months ago.

You can try the Request to Shield

Expert:  Sam replied 11 months ago.

But that will only remove it from public view - Immigration is going to be able to see it all.

Related Immigration Law Questions