Immigration Law

Immigration Law Questions? Ask an Immigration Lawyer.

Immigration Law

My finance is in the US on a Fiancé Visa after submitting an

Customer Question
I-129(which was approved). We...
My finance is in the US on a Fiancé Visa after submitting an I-129(which was approved). We will be married tomorrow. I am trying to get ready to file the uscis forms necessary. I have 2 G-325a forms ready; she has a vaccination documentation worksheet, I have the I-485 ready and I believe I have all the supporting documentation. I though it was necessary for me to also submit at the same time the I-864 which I have ready. However, I don’t have a I-864 cover sheet with bar code , which seems to be necessary. I have a case number ***** approval of the I-129. It appears I need to have a NOA2 number to get the I-864 cover sheet. My question is how do I get this NOA2 number and thus the cover sheet with bar code? Also what forms do I have to have submitted by the end of 90 days from my finance entering the us? I am confused on what I have to submit at this time and how much time I have as well. Look forward to your response. Larry
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Immigration Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/25/2016
Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 14 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

You are doing Adjustment of Status, not Consular Processing, so the cover sheet and bar code are not used for Adjustment of Status. Make sure you send the following along with the I-864:

1) Copies of the last income taxes.
2) Copies of the last 1099s and/or W-2s.
3) Copies of the last 3 to 6 bank statements.
4) Copies of the Last 3 to 6 paycheck stubs.
5) Letter from the employer on company letterhead stating salary, position, time with the company and prospects for continued employment in the near future.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! If you have no further questions (at this time) please leave a positive rating for my service. I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars or smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, please click on my name and they should come out. Also, your session does NOT close when leaving a positive rating, so you can continue to ask additional questions without additional charge. Thank you for your understanding.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What you gave me is in the instructions and easily available to me. I can only find 2 examples of cover letters for the I=864 and both include an entry for the worksheet with bar code. The links are as follows: https://docs.google.com/document/d/16fpd3oYb5oYesSgc5OI5YPXalrhp1po28q9R7MnACIc/edit?hl=en_US
http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/I-864_Cover_letter

Sorry about the delay. I had a charity meeting that I had to attend and I signed off. Do you see what that cover letter that you are referencing says NVC? Do you know what the NVC is? And what they do?

Do you see what that cover letter that you are referencing says NVC? Do you know what the NVC is? And what they do?

I do not know why you are not responding, but you are not charged per question, per response, nor per answer. So after I give you my answer, you can continue to ask me questions without additional charge until you are satisfied. I apologize if it is a site issue that you posted and the post did not go through.

I will try to explain again. There are TWO DIFFERENT processes to get a green card for your fiancee/spouse, those are Consular Processing and Adjustment of Status. Since she is already in the U.S. because she used a K-1 visa to enter, she will NOT do Consular Processing anymore unless you want her to leave and process outside which means she would be stuck outside 6 months or even a year or more. So since I doubt you do not want to do that, then you will NOT be dealing with the National Visa Center (NVC). You will be doing Adjustment of Status with USCIS and USCIS does NOT require a cover letter with the I-864 and you do NOT pay a fee for the I-864 and thus you do NOT need a barcode since no fee is paid. If you were doing Consular Processing, then yes, you would have to pay a fee for the I-864 and get a bar code. But since you are doing Adjustment of Status, forget about a cover sheet just for the I-864 and forget about the bar code as it is not needed.

Let me know if you need anything else, but please do not forget to rate me positively. You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see the stars or smiley faces, please click on my name and they should come out. Also, we do NOT finish just because it says "Rate to Finish" or something like that. Your question does NOT close and you can continue to ask questions without additional charge on the same question thread even after you leave a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding!

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!

Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.