Immigration Law

Immigration Law Questions? Ask an Immigration Lawyer.

Immigration Law

I need help i had a immigration visa and i sign a

Customer Question
hello i need help i...
hello i need help i had a immigration visa and i sign a abandonment of lawfull in 2009 and i need to returning immigration visa
JA: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?
Customer: no i meet the immigration office in Bedford nH usa monday the 22 august
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: my file number a045 669 763 i steel have a citizen brother in us
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Immigration Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/24/2016
Immigration Lawyer: retireddebra,
 replied 1 year ago
retireddebra

Thanks for your question.

Are you asking about visiting Canada or immigrating to Canada?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No I'm à canadian and i have à us immigration i need return in us with à immigration visa
Immigration Lawyer: retireddebra,
 replied 1 year ago

Your question was put onto the wrong list.

I will ask the site to move this to the US immigration law list.

I hope things work out.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i had a green card and it was abandonned in 2009 i need to return in us i need a visa green card tell me if i need fill out a returning immigration form or other
Immigration Lawyer: Expert James, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Expert James
Expert James, Lawyer

Hello! Thank you for using Just Answer. I am James, a new Expert. I will be assisting you from here on out.

As we work through your questions, think about this as a back and forth conversation. Once you've received the information you need, you can thank me by issuing me a positive rating of 3, 4, or 5 stars. This is the only way I get credit for doing my job, so please do not forget this before leaving the site.

Please give me some time to review your question.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
in 2009 I CROOS THE BORDER WITH MY GREEN CARD AND I WAS LEAVING AND WORK IN CANADA AT THIS TIME A HAVE NO CHOICE I ABANDONED MY GREEN CARD NOW COULD I HAVE TO FIL OUT A RETURNING IMMIGRATION GRENN CARD OR I HAVE TO ASK FOR OTHER FORM I NEED TO RETURN IN US I NEED A GREEN CARD AGAIN

So the border officer found out you were actually living and working in Canada when you were supposed to be living and working in the US. So he forced you to abandon your green card?

How did you get your green card the first time?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I GET MY GREEN CARD IN 1996

I did not ask you when you got your green card. I asked you how you got your green card - marriage, employment, your brother, the lottery.

Also, please do not write in ALL CAPS. It is hard to read and it looks like you are shouting at me. And I have done nothing wrong for you to shout at me.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
my brother is a citizen in usa

Again, you are not answering my question. Please answer all of my questions.

How did you get the first green card? Through your brother who sponsored you?

Also, you never answered my original questions. You need to answer them all for me to be able to help you.

So the border officer found out you were actually living and working in Canada when you were supposed to be living and working in the US. So he forced you to abandon your green card?​

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
trough my brother who sponsored for me in 1996 yes the us border forced me to abandon my green card

When you tried to come in August, is that when the officer took your card away?

When was the last time you were in the US?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
no in 2009 at the border i abandonned my green card the last time was this week and i'm in the state each week because i have a brother leaving in the state of nH where are you located in state i could meet you

Well when you tried to enter, did you try to enter as a visitor from Canada using your Canadian passport? And you were denied?

No, you cannot meet me. We are not allowed to met customers. But we can talk on the phone if you would like me to send you an offer. Although there is an extra fee, it might be easier.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i could you take care of my case if i cannot meet you

Sir/Madam,

Please answer my questions. When you tried to enter, did you try to enter as a visitor from Canada using your Canadian passport? And you were denied?

I cannot take your case. But again, we can talk on the phone for an additional fee.

Hi again,

I received a message that you reviewed my response and may require additional assistance. However, I cannot see your correspondence above.

Please post it again, so I can continue to assist you.

Thank you!

Ely, Counselor at Law