How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Expert James Your Own Question
Expert James
Expert James, Immigration Attorney
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 11912
Experience:  Write FOR JAMES to get my help!
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Expert James is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I read about a man who was sought asylum on the grounds that

Customer Question

I read about a man who was sought asylum on the grounds that he was bisexual, which made it dangerous for him to live in Jamaica. His request was denied on the basis that he married a woman, and therefore could not be bisexual. I'd like to start a petition to prevent his deportation, is this possible? if so what information would I need to provide on the petition?
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Expert James replied 11 months ago.

Hello! Thank you for using Just Answer. I am James, and I will be assisting you. As we work through your questions, think about this as a back and forth conversation. Once you've received the information you need, you can thank me by issuing me a positive rating of 3, 4, or 5 stars. This is the only way I get credit for doing my job, so please do not forget this before leaving the site.

USCIS customer service is there only to provide general information about a specific case, based on information provided in your account. They are not experts in immigration law.

What is his status in the US now? On what status did he enter the US? Was he granted withholding of removal?

Is the person he married a US citizen?

Expert:  Expert James replied 11 months ago.

Hi again,

I received a message that you reviewed my response and may require additional assistance. However, I cannot see your correspondence above.

Please post it again, so I can continue to assist you.

Thank you!

Related Immigration Law Questions