Immigration Law

Immigration Law Questions? Ask an Immigration Lawyer.

Immigration Law

I read about a man who was sought asylum on the grounds that

Customer Question
he was bisexual, which made...
I read about a man who was sought asylum on the grounds that he was bisexual, which made it dangerous for him to live in Jamaica. His request was denied on the basis that he married a woman, and therefore could not be bisexual. I'd like to start a petition to prevent his deportation, is this possible? if so what information would I need to provide on the petition?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Immigration Law
8/24/2016
Immigration Lawyer: Expert James, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Expert James
Expert James, Lawyer

Hello! Thank you for using Just Answer. I am James, and I will be assisting you. As we work through your questions, think about this as a back and forth conversation. Once you've received the information you need, you can thank me by issuing me a positive rating of 3, 4, or 5 stars. This is the only way I get credit for doing my job, so please do not forget this before leaving the site.

USCIS customer service is there only to provide general information about a specific case, based on information provided in your account. They are not experts in immigration law.

What is his status in the US now? On what status did he enter the US? Was he granted withholding of removal?

Is the person he married a US citizen?

Hi again,

I received a message that you reviewed my response and may require additional assistance. However, I cannot see your correspondence above.

Please post it again, so I can continue to assist you.

Thank you!

Expert James
Expert James
Expert James, Lawyer