How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jen Marie, Esq. Your Own Question
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 5237
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Jen Marie, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I came to the United States two years ago as a refugee and I

Customer Question

Hello my name Harith I came to the United States two years ago as a refugee and I am married and my wife she is citizen she came as a refugee with her family before me and she who bring me to the united states . I only have a green card and there were problems between me and my wife, and my wife had left the house and went to her family's house and in every time i ask her to return home she is refusing to go back and she is now pregnant. Her father wants deported from the United States was threatening me if i did not go back to my country he would go to the Department of Immigration and works a complaint against me in order to be sent me back to my original and we are from the same country. My question is how can I protect myself if he wants to do that and is there a law in this matter . thank you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the immigration attorney helping you today.

First you must understand that just because her father wants to get you deported from the US, does not mean that he is going to be able to do that. If you have a green card already and you got it properly, not fraudulently then you should not fear your father in law. You have not done anything wrong that he can file a complaint against you about. Even if he contacts Department of Homeland Security and tried to make a complaint against you, he would need to have a real complaint about something that you did. Then they will investigate this and make a decision.

You do not need to do anything to protect yourself, just make sure that you do not do anything illegal then there will be no reason to deport you.

Good luck to you during this process and I hope this answer has helped you!

Please kindly remember to leave a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the STARS. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid. If you don't leave a rating, I receive no credit for my time.

If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal.

Also the question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish.." So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost, don't worry. Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.

If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.