How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jen Marie, Esq. Your Own Question
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4717
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Jen Marie, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Ok. so I'm a us citizen, I filed for a green card for my

Customer Question

JA: Hello. What seems to be the problem?
Customer: ok. so I'm a us citizen, I filed for a green card for my parents. they are E2 visa holder the problem is we have E2 dependent which is my brother
JA: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?
Customer: yes. for my parents for their green card
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: I think my lawyer got messed up.... we were supposed to file for my brother first for his change of status from E2 dependent to F1 before we filed a green card for my parents
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: so i'm thinking to withdraw the i485 and extend e2 visa for now
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 11 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the immigration attorney helping you today.

Actually, even if you extend your parents' E2 visa, as soon as your parents receive their green card, your brother's dependent visa would essentially be canceled. It is only valid as long as your parents have the E2. So it would not really matter if you had extended the E2 visa first. It would not help. However, If your brother is in the US, then he can go outside the US to a US consular or embassy to apply for the F1 visa directly. Then he can return with the F1 visa to the US and that would solve the issue.

Good luck to you during this process and I hope this answer has helped you!

Please kindly remember to leave a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the STARS. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid. If you don't leave a rating, I receive no credit for my time.

If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal.

Also the question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish.." So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost, don't worry. Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.

If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.

Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 10 months ago.

Hello again.. I see that you were able to view my answer right after I sent it to you but you did not ask any follow up questions or leave any feedback.

Please let me know if there's anything else I can clarify for you. My goal is to earn your positive rating.

Related Immigration Law Questions