How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 102142
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son was deported in 2002 to Jamaica i would like to

Customer Question

My son was deported in 2002 to Jamaica i would like to reapply for him because my daughters and I are the only close family to him i know he regrets what happened!he would like to beg for pardoned he is a grown adult can I get information on his order of deportation if he can return back to the United States! Thank you.
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Ely replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. The easiest way is to ask for an open records request (FOIA) from USCIS. See HERE on how to do so. However note that depending on how far his case went, the FOIA request may have to be made to the Department of Justice’s Executive Office of Immigration Review - see HERE.

Let me know if you need a sample FOIA letter.

I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how experts get credit for our time. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating.

Related Immigration Law Questions