How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Expert James Your Own Question
Expert James
Expert James, Immigration Attorney
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 12056
Experience:  Write FOR JAMES to get my help!
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Expert James is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm married to a U.S citizen and we want to see if I can fix

Customer Question

I'm married to a U.S citizen and we want to see if I can fix my legal status here in the United States. The only problem is I can't remember if I filled out an I-9 form previously an accidentally checked marked the citizen box.
Submitted: 12 months ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
If I did check the box what would I be able to do ? I was a minor when I think I filled out the I-9 and no one explained to me what to write down
Expert:  Expert James replied 12 months ago.
Hello! Thank you for using Just Answer. I am James, and I will be assisting you. As we work through your questions, think about this as a back and forth conversation. Once you've received the information you need, you can thank me by issuing me a positive rating of 3, 4, or 5 stars. This is the only way I get credit for doing my job, so please do not forget this before leaving the site.Please give me some time to review your question.
Expert:  Expert James replied 12 months ago.
First, did you enter the United States illegally?Second, when you say you were a minor, how old were you?
Expert:  Expert James replied 12 months ago.

Hi again,

I received a message that you reviewed my response and may require additional assistance. However, I cannot see your correspondence above.

Please post it again, so I can continue to assist you.

Thank you!

Related Immigration Law Questions