How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Expert James Your Own Question
Expert James
Expert James, Immigration Attorney
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 12056
Experience:  Write FOR JAMES to get my help!
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Expert James is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was a victim of university of northern new jersey i came

Customer Question

JA: Hi. What do you want help with?
Customer: i was a victim of university of northern new jersey i came back to india soon after my sevis has been terminated
JA: Because education law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: new jersey
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: yeah i did
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 12 months ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Expert James replied 12 months ago.

Hello! Thank you for using Just Answer. I am James, and I will be assisting you. As we work through your questions, think about this as a back and forth conversation. Once you've received the information you need, you can thank me by issuing me a positive rating of 3, 4, or 5 stars. This is the only way I get credit for doing my job, so please do not forget this before leaving the site.

Please give me some time to review your question.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
My car is over ther and other credit cards which has payments which needs to be made since I am not in us I can't make the payments any more , will this be a problem
Expert:  Expert James replied 12 months ago.

I don't really see the full background of your question or issue. In what way are you asking if this will be an issue? In what context?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I am a victim of unnj university I came to India I don't have a visa now to enter back my opt extension is expired my car and credit cards have a pending balance what should I do now ?
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Is it advisable to enter USA on a new student visa or is there any other solution
Expert:  Expert James replied 12 months ago.

It depends on why you are coming to the US. Are you asking if your outstanding debts to the credit card companies will cause you problems with your immigration?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
do my debts will cause any issue with my immigration in the future if i wish to come on a visit visa. As i am unable to pay the debts of my car and credit card what is the solution for this do i need to file for bankruptcy or i should leave as is unpaid
Expert:  Expert James replied 12 months ago.

OK, thank you very much.

Kindly remember that I do not get a salary here. Your positive rating is the only way I am rewarded for doing my job. So please do not forget to give me 3 or more stars, or any smiling faces, before leaving the site today. Thank you!

ANSWER: Personal debts like credit card and car loans with private (not governmental) companies do not affect your eligibility for immigration benefits to the US.

I cannot tell you what to do about the debts, in terms of bankruptcy or delinquency, as those are not immigration questions nor are they under the jurisdiction of immigration law or authority.

I hope I have answered your questions. I aim to give you excellent service, even if the outcome is not what you wanted. So I am happy to answer any related follow-up questions you might have, at no additional charge.

And if you want to talk on the phone for 30 minutes, I can send you an offer for that.

Once you have received an answer, please help me get credit for doing my job, by giving me a positive rating of 3, 4 or 5 stars or any of the smiling faces. You can still ask more questions, even after you’ve given a rating.

A BONUS is also appreciated if you feel I've earned it.

And if you have questions in the future, write FOR JAMES in the question and I will be your personal Expert in this category.

Thank you!

Expert:  Expert James replied 12 months ago.

Hi, I’m just checking in to see how things are going.

I see you have reviewed my answer but I have not yet received a rating for my customer service. Do you need more help or need me to explain anything else? Please respond so that I know what to do next.

Thank you.

Related Immigration Law Questions