How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 3941
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am originally from Peru and I am in the process of

Customer Question

Hi, I am originally from Peru and I am in the process of completing an N400 form to apply for a US citizenship. I have a daughter that lives in Peru from a previous marriage and I got remarried here in the US to a non US citizen. My question is the N400 form asks for supporting documents for a dependent child that doesn’t live with you? What would I need to present in my case?
Thanks for your help.
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 11 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions today. I have 35 years experience as an immigration lawyer.


Are you the father and were you ever married to the childn's other parent?