How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 109045
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If a wife of US citizen came to US with visa waiver and now

Customer Question

if a wife of US citizen came to US with visa waiver and now she wants to adjust of status I-485:
1. Part 2: Application Type:
I marked (a) is that current?
2. Part 3. Processing Information:
What should I put for Nonimmigrant visa number?
Date was visa issued?
the reason I am asking is because its waiver visa
What category should I chose for her for question number 16?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 14 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

1) Yes, "a" is correct.

2) You leave nonimmigrant visa number blank unless you see such in her passport which I doubt since she used an ESTA Visa Waiver. If you can determine the issue date of the ESTA, you can use that date.

For the I-765, it is (c)(9).

Please let me know if you have any additional questions as I will be happy to respond, but because this case is the type of case that I love to handle, I will now send you a low-cost offer so that I can pass on my personal phone number and email. I have multiple services available to you from document review to full representation and all at very reasonable prices though I can only discuss those in private, not an open forum like this. You won't be disappointed as these are my favorite cases to do and have been doing them for many years. If you decline, no problem, you can ask additional questions without any additional charge. But PLEASE remember to leave a positive rating for me. You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. Also, a bonus is always appreciated if you feel I earned it. And finally, your question does NOT close just because you leave a positive rating. I can still answer additional questions for you without additional charge. Thank you for your understanding.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also for I-864 husband does not have his tax for 2015 he just has it for 2014 and prior years he used to live in Taiwan too.
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

He will need to show proof of an extension of the 2015 taxes or a letter from an accountant explaining why he wasn't required to file in 2015. He will also need the following:

1) Copies of the last income taxes (2014).
2) Copies of the last 1099s and/or W-2s (2014).
3) Copies of the last 3 to 6 bank statements.
4) Copies of the Last 3 to 6 paycheck stubs.
5) Letter from the employer on company letterhead stating salary, position, time with the company and prospects for continued employment in the near future.

Let me know if you need anything else, but please do not forget to rate me positively. You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see the stars or smiley faces, please click on my name and they should come out. Also, we do NOT finish just because it says "Rate to Finish" or something like that. Your question does NOT close and you can continue to ask questions without additional charge on the same question thread even after you leave a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding!

Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!

Related Immigration Law Questions