How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Immigration Law Answer Team
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 118744
Experience:  Immigration Law Expert
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Im an american citizen .i got my citizenship few months ago

Customer Question

Im an american citizen .i got my citizenship few months ago after appointing lawyers since i had child abuse on my im getting to know a six months illegal husband and he wants to be a citizen his business visa expired few months ago and he wants to apply through marriage to me .would this affect my passport status
JA: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?
Customer: Iam a citizen
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: The lawyer told me to pursue but im very anxious about my status
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: Would my credit score affect renewal of passport later?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
You need to be very careful with this, as it is illegal to enter into marriage for the purposes of immigration. Also, if he is illegal now and is in the country, you marrying him will not make him legal and he has to leave the country to reapply for a marriage visa. If you think even in the smallest way this marriage is just for him to immigrate, do not do it as it is unlawful and could result in you being charged with a criminal offense and also possibly losing your citizenship and being deported.
Your credit score will not impair renewal of your passport later. Once you are a citizen, unless you commit a criminal offense, you would retain your citizenship and can get a passport renewal (except if you owe delinquent child support, your passport can be suspended but you retain citizenship).
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But he says he loves mei have another question,how fo i clear anything that i have on my background for job reasons
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can this conversation remain private please.i dont want it allover the web
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your reply.

Your name or personal information does not appear anywhere here, but we can lock it for privacy upon completion.

You need to be very careful, while he says he loves you there are many red flags he is doing this simply to try to get immigration status, which again he cannot do while he is still in the US illegally even if you marry him.

As far as clearing your background, I am afraid that is not something you can do unless the information on your background report is false and then you can pursue the reporting entity to have it removed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there a way where the questions and answers not appear at all.i dont want them locked i want them removed please.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your reply.

All we can do is have them locked so nobody can view them. Once we finish I will do so in order that nobody can view the session.

Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Again, your personal information does not appear nor does even your city or state.