Immigration Law

Immigration Law Questions? Ask an Immigration Lawyer.

Immigration Law

She got denied last year due to medical drug use. So they

Customer Question
put a year probation on...
She got denied last year due to medical drug use. So they put a year probation on her. She just had her new medical on Friday. I resubmitted the IV application. Just wondering about affidavit of support and what to expect at interview this time around?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Immigration Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
8/14/2016
Immigration Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Immigration Law Answer Team replied 1 year ago
Law Educator, Esq., Immigration Law Answer Team
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.Can you please give us some additional details and explanation as to what she is applying for and who denied her and a few more facts so we can provide you the information you are seeking?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ir1 visa
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Embassy denied her. She failed the drug test. It been a full year. Just wondering about affidavit of support.
Thank you for your reply.
If it has been more than one year since she failed the drug test and you know she is clean still, you can reapply for her. Your affidavit of support would be attesting to the fact you have the means to pay for her needs when she comes here and that she would not be stranded here without any money or means to support herself or return to her own country.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Right. Do I have to resubmit a new affidavit of support. Her visa interview the 26th of this month.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I resubmitted the IV application cause that what they asked. Along with an updated police certificate cause they are good for a year
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Packet 4 only asked for the ds 260. Birth police, passport, and online courier service

Thank you for your reply.

You need to submit everything all over again. You are resubmitting everything just like it is the first time.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
why didn't they ask that in the packet 4

Thank you for your reply.

If she was previously rejected and is reapplying they can use the prior support affidavit, but most times they ask for a current one. I do not know why it was not included in the packet though, because it should have been unless they are willing to keep the previous one.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
How do I go and get an answer if they need current or willing to use prior. As the interview is so close
Thank you for your reply
The agent who is handling the new application will ask for it to be submitted if they will require it.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Who could I call to see if the agent will or will not need it. I'd rather have it and not need it rather than wait longer. This had gone on long time. I'd rather not wait any longer.
Thank you for your reply.
That is what I told you above, what you just said, fill it out and bring it regardless so you have it in case you need it. Who would you call? The immigration office that is handling her case, that is who you would call.