Immigration Law

Immigration Law Questions? Ask an Immigration Lawyer.

Immigration Law

What Is A Report Of Commercial Rating Concern?

Customer Question
I am trying to determine...
I am trying to determine what a report of commercial rating concern is and how I might obtain one. I am just starting the process. I am an American citizen who has been working for the past 19 years in Indonesia. My wife is an Indonesian National. I want to get her an immigrant visa.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Immigration Law
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am currently in Indonesia now. I tried to get my wife a non-immigrant visa so that she could visit America immediately. Then we planned to start the process for an immigrant visa. She was denied the non-immigrant visa, not sure why, no one will give me any answers. My question is, does this denial automatically disqualify her for the immigrant visa?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Must I be in the USA in order to sponsor her immigrant visa? I do have a permanent address in Pineville, Missouri.
8/14/2016
Immigration Lawyer: N Cal Attorney, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
N Cal Attorney

Thank you for your question. You do not have to be in the US, but you would have to file a form I-130, see

https://www.uscis.gov/family/family-us-citizens/spouse/bringing-spouses-live-united-states-permanent-residents

Denial of a non-immigrant visa does not change her eligibility for an immigrant visa as the spouse of a citizen.

I hope this information is helpful.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What is a Report of Rating Concern? Is this a business projection? How do I obtain one?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No, that does not my question. If you look at my entire line of questions you will see the very first and the very last question is "What is a Report of Rating Concern? How do I obtain one?" Please directly answer this question!

A report of rating concern is like a Dun and Bradstreet rating/report. It is meant to show that you are able to support your spouse if she gets a green card.

N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Lawyer