How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jen Marie, Esq. Your Own Question
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4870
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Jen Marie, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Have a nice day I know a girl and she is living in Belgium

Customer Question

Have a nice day
I know a girl and she is living in Belgium since 20 years she was born in USA , she hold an American citizenship ,she did not live USA, and I am a Jordanian student at the university in Washington. We would like to marry. How we can process that?
Is it necessary she should return back to USA and live there or she can continue living in Belgium??
How we can process the marriage certificate Is it possible she can come to USA and we can do the marriage certificate and can I get a resident permit if she leave to Belgium ?? We will make a wedding after I complete my master degree please advice how we can do that is a legal way and to get resident permit and send us your address and mobile
Adonis ***@******.***
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello Adonis,

My name is ***** ***** I will be the licensed immigration attorney helping you today.

As far as getting married, yes she can come to the US and marry you and then leave. You can also marry in any other country. As long as the marriage is legal in the country that you get married then it will be valid in the US.

If she comes here and you get married and then she leaves to Belgium temporarily, yes she can still begin the process to petition your permanent residence in the US. However, the permanent resident is two parts. And for the second part, she will have to move and be living in the US. This is because she is supposed to be living in the US in order to petition her spouse to live in the US and you are supposed to be living together also. She cannot be living in Belgium while you are living in the US at the end of the process.

Good luck to you during this process and I hope this answer has helped you!

Please kindly remember to leave a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the STARS. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid. If you don't leave a rating, I receive no credit for my time.

If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal.

Also the question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish.." So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost, don't worry. Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.

If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.


Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again, I see what you were able to view my answer but did not ask me any follow up questions or leave feedback.Please let me know what I can do. My goal is to earn a positive rating from you.

Related Immigration Law Questions