Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
12467490

Ms. Judith. fortunately I was able to make it to the

Customer Question

hi ms. Judith. fortunately I was able to make it to the immigration interview with my husband. I am the petitioning spouse. Days after the interview things have seem to be going downhill. In the past Ivey tried not making financial hardship an issue as he told me he wasn't legally able to work in U.S. But as time goes on I have found out he has been assiting his family and friends with their finances and has neglected his obligations here at home. We were having descent problem solving conversations as a couple but lately my once loving father in law interferes a lot and causes arguments between me and my husband. I'm really feeling uneasy now because i would hate to think they used me to get a conditional green card. But it looks like everything went sour overnight right after I jeopardized my job to attend the immigration interview. What can I do because I'm being told if I walk out of the marriage now I may be imprisoned.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions today. I have 35 years experience as an immigration lawyer.

Sorry to hear this but it does not pass the smell test. I think you have good reason to be concerned.

At the end of the interview what happened? Did he get an approval letter or was he told he would get a letter in writing?

Judith

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we were told we would be getting a letter within a week as to what they would decide or rather they would need more documents

OK, go online and make an appointment with InfoPass. Make an emergency appt.

Write a letter and request the I-130 be withdrawn as your husband's behavior has changed drastically since the interview and you believe he has married you only for the green card.

Also If you cannot get an appointment fast - by Wednesday- take the letter and a copy of the appointment notice for the interview if you kept it and hand carry the letter to the same floor where you had the interview and give the letter to the check-in clerk and tell her it is very important the examiner you had gets this immediately.

You do not need to tell your husband about this. Let immigration decide whether to approve him based on the letter. Be sure to include his name, date and place of birth and his A# ***** you know it on the letter.

Of course, I am sure you understand your positive rating is very important to me as we are not on salary and that is how we receive compensation, you choosing a smiley face or 3+ stars
In the future, you may begin your questions with “FOR JUDITH” and I will be your personal immigration expert.

Judith

May I answer anything additional for you to earn your satisfaction. I strive to give good customer service and comprehensive answers. I feel I have failed you. Please tell me what additional information would be helpful.
Judith