How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask KJL LAW Your Own Question
KJL LAW, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 1388
Experience:  Attorney at law Office of KJLLAW
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
KJL LAW is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a US Citizen over 21, I am in the process of filing my

Customer Question

I am a US Citizen over 21, I am in the process of filing my mother her green card:
Her situation:
*she enter the united states illegally on 01/23/1997 without parole
*she is currently protected under the TPS (El Salvador)
*she currently resides in Dallas, Texas
*On 2001 brother passed away and was granted advance parole and when she enter the US she was admitted in on Parole*Freedom of information act show that she had a court appointment'
*she didn't show up, when I call the number it said her case was cancelQuestion is, in line 16 of the I-130 what do I put in immigration proceeding?
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  KJL LAW replied 11 months ago.
On that line you must indicate if she ever had an immigration proceeding to obtain her TPS, if so then indicate, where and when, and if she did have a court proceeding with Immigration then check the court proceeding box.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
she enter the US illegally in 1997 in 2001 El Salvador was put in the TPS list. She filed the forms to apply but she was never called or nothing about her 1997 court proceeding effected her from getting her TPS. She has apply every time since then. When looking at her 1997 detention paper she is schedule to appear to court but was later release and was told to either go back to El Salvador or stay in the united states. When calling about her immigration court case using her Alien number it states that case was close
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
1997 court proceeding did not affected her from getting TPSShe also travel to El Salvador on 2001 due to the death of her brother. She applied and was given advance parole. I have heard many versions, and wanted to get clarification as well. Since she left to El Salvador in 2001 on advace parole and she came back and was inspected is she eligible to file for adjusted status?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
to clarified I called EOIR and when I enter her Alien number her case status shows that her case was close due to failure to persecute. What does this mean and how can this benefit/harm this application?
Expert:  KJL LAW replied 11 months ago.
The case being closed for failure to prosecute means that they dropped the court proceedings, and it would not factor in to her adjustment. If she traveled on "advance parole" then she can adjust her status with no problem.
Expert:  KJL LAW replied 11 months ago.

If you have any other questions just ask, if not please rate the question for credit and tracking. if you don't rate, I will not get paid.

Expert:  KJL LAW replied 11 months ago.

Any other questions, just ask. If not please rate the question for credit and tracking, or I will not get paid for helping you.