Immigration Law

Immigration Law Questions? Ask an Immigration Lawyer.

Immigration Law

How do I prepare for my naturalization interview?

Customer Question
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Immigration Law
8/10/2016
Immigration Lawyer: Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney replied 1 year ago
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the immigration attorney helping you today.

First you will be asked to raise your right hand and only state the truth. During the naturalization interview you will be asked to verify some of the information on your application such as name, address, date of birth and your spouse and children in ENGLISH. Then you will be asked to read a sentence in English and to write a sentence in English. Then you will be asked the civics question and you must get at least 5 right. If you have not already turned in your income taxes for the last 5 years, then you will show that. If you have any crimes, you will have to turn in the original police reports and dispositions. You will be asked if you are ready to defend the US and the other questions at the end of the form. Then you sign the application. That should be it.

Good luck to you during this process and I hope this answer has helped you!

Please kindly remember to leave a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the STARS. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid. If you don't leave a rating, I receive no credit for my time.

If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal.

Also the question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish.." So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost, don't worry. Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.

If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.

-----

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you so much

You are very welcome. Please remember that if you are satisfied with my answer, the only way I receive credit is if you RATE ME by choosing from the stars. Writing to me is not enough, you have to actually RATE ME. Thank you very much for your consideration.

Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney