How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 109314
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been married to my wife for 8 years who is resident

Customer Question

I have been married to my wife for 8 years who is resident of U.S. for the same time. she came on a fiancee visa and now she wants to become a citizen, how hard is to file for citizenship?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 14 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

Does she have any long trips outside of the U.S. out of the last 5 years?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Ok. Great. Does she have any large amount of short trips that add up to more than 180 days in any 12 month period? Does she have any crimes in her background?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will call you tomorrow with time. I'm tire right now
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Ok. Assuming that she has no crimes in her background nor lots of trips that may add up to more than 180 days in any 12 month period, then she should qualify for U.S. Citizenship. Here is the official link:

There are links to the study material on that page. If she finds it a little overwhelming or needs help with English, I have a good solution. While I was in law school more than 15 years ago, I used to teach Citizenship classes to adults in the Adult Education night school program. I'm sure there is probably a low-cost or even free program in your area. She will be able to take classes, learn English, history, civics, and it's a nice way to get out of the house and meet new people in a class of classmates all studying the same thing.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! If you have no further questions (at this time) please leave a positive rating for my service. I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars or smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, please click on my name and they should come out. Also, your session does NOT close when leaving a positive rating, so you can continue to ask additional questions without additional charge. Thank you for your understanding.

Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello Jorge. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!