How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 109032
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have G visa and a pending I 485 because of marriage

Customer Question

Hello. I have G visa and a pending I 485 because of marriage through a US Citizen. (1) When USCIS received the application, I was out of the country but returned for work after a week and has gone through biometrics. Status is that we are set to be interviewed (2) Should I have submitted Form I 566?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 14 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

While your I-485 was pending, what did you use to come back into the U.S. because you may have abandoned the I-485 and may have to refile it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello. I have a g4 visa and have continued working for the World Bank.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Should I have applied for travel document and I566?
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately, yes. Here is an official link:

G-4 is not listed. Just H-1B, L, K-3/4, or K-1/2. I am truly sorry. USCIS doesn't know that you abandoned your I-485 yet, but they will. You will need to file a new I-485, I-765, I-131, I-864, and probably a new I-693 since they expire in a year. And you should also file an I-566 and I-508. Here are the links:

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! If you have no further questions (at this time) please leave a positive rating for my service. I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars or smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, please click on my name and they should come out. Also, your session does NOT close when leaving a positive rating, so you can continue to ask additional questions without additional charge. Thank you for your understanding.

Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello Roanna. Thank you for your kindness and respect. Good luck to you.

Related Immigration Law Questions