How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 3963
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

The father of my fiancé daughter 's daughter lives in the

Customer Question

The father of my fiancé daughter 's daughter lives in the Bahamas. He was arrested and convicted of moral turpitude and controlled substances in1999 and left the US violating his parole. He has been denied a return Visa to the US but it turns out his father is an American Citizen. I have a copy of his birth certificate. As an American citizen how can he return to the US legally
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Attorney2 replied 1 year ago.

Welcome and thank you for your question. I will be the Attorney that will be assisting you.

Expert:  Attorney2 replied 1 year ago.

Is he willing to come back to face the charges? Basically unless he was deported, which should not happen to a US citizen he would need agree to be taken into custody in the State where he was convicted.