How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Maverick Your Own Question
Maverick, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 6423
Experience:  20 years professional experience.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Maverick is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What to do if you having a problem getting your Passport

Customer Question

What to do if you having a problem getting your Passport Back ? I send in my Passport Book Along with the Renewal Application. On June 09,2016 I send my Passport Book by Mail To the Philadelphia Passport Center They Received it on Jun 11,2016 . For some unknown reason they forward to New Hampshire Passport Processing Center. It arrived at that location on June 15,2016. The Passport Book and Renewal Application sat for 13 days. On June 28, 2016 I received a call from woman saying she was from the national Passport agency. she asked me my name. I gave her my name, Social Security number, Address.
She said that she notice on this Renewal Application I am using a different Social Security. I told her that number was change years ago. The Social Security gave me a new number. Because someone was using my number old number to file taxes. So she asked me to send her my Birth certificate. So Make sure that I am right person applying for a Passport Renewal. On the same day that she called. I faxed the Birth Certificate to the fax number that she provided to me. She said that she would call me back if she received or not. She never called my back. I waited a couple of days and called the National Passport Center. I spoke to Customer Rep. To check to she if they received my information. All he can say that they received some correspondent from me. He don't know what type of information it was.i asked him to send a message to the New Hampshire Processing Center someone there can call me .To verify that they received my Birth certificate. Never received a single called. About 5 different time. I called the 800 number so they can check on the status of my Renewai Application .All they can tell me that the Applicqtions is still being process. Also when to there website and punch in my information. I also get the same messag. I also called the local numbe for the New Hampshire Processing Center . The number is ***** fo you you to leave a message. I let 5 different message but no one called me back.
I paid for my Passport Book to be Expedited in just Three weeks. Now it more then 7 weeks.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.

Welcome! My name is Maverick. Please give me a few minutes to analyze and/or research your inquiry and I will be back.

Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry that you are having to deal with this frustrating set of circumstances. What I would do at this point if I were in your shoes is to file what is known as a "congressional inquiry" and/or send a letter to Secretary John Kerry at the U.S. Department of State explaining to them what you are going through.

Here is the address for the State Department:

U.S. Department of State***** NW
Washington, DC 20520(###) ###-####/p>

A congressional inquiry is where you contact you senators and file a complaint against a governmental agency like the Department of State. Here is a link to help you look up your senator's contact information. Usually a call from a senator will get the ball rolling again quickly.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That currently don't take care of problem. I want fly outside of the Country in less then 6 days.
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.

Maybe you can call the senator's office on Monday morning instead of writing a letter. A staff member there may be able to contact someone he/she knows at the State Department to get your passport processed and back to you within 72 hours. This is the fastest remedy I know of to tell you.