How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Immigration Law Answer Team
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 116776
Experience:  Immigration Law Expert
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm a nonimmigrent i am hiv positive and my home country

Customer Question

I'm a nonimmigrent i am hiv positive and my home country done have the treatment so i want to plead with immigration to please grent me some status to stay and continue my treatment and also be able to work my name is fatu
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

HIV is no longer a ground for medical inadmissibility for immigration into the United States. See:

So you can apply for immigration to the US and seek a visa if you choose to do so. You would need to apply for an immigration visa through the regular process and you can argue humanitarian reasons for being granted status based on proper medical care not being available in your home country.