Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
12467490

Paid card fee online. Tried to track on USCIS website. Does

Customer Question

Paid green card fee online. Tried to track on USCIS website. Does not recognize the case number ***** It says it was entered in error. The ID numbers on the payment confirmation do not work. Any ideas?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 11 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions today. I have 35 years experience as an immigration lawyer.

Have you attempted to contact the NVC to inform them of the typo error in fee payment?

Judith

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No. Did not. The case number ***** ***** according to the message that pops up. Is the case number ***** are trying the correct number to use? I have read in Visa Journey they talk of a receipt number to track with. Don't know what that is or where to get it. Lost here.

Is this the procedure you have followed:

After you choose your agent, you need to pay your processing fees. There are two processing fees:

You should pay these fees online at the Immigrant Visa Invoice Payment Center. You will need a bank routing number and a checking or savings account number from a U.S. bank. The image below shows the routing number, account number, and check number on a personal check. The order of these numbers may differ on your check and may include some special symbols different from those shown. You can contact your financial institution for specific details.

You will also need your NVC Case Number ***** Invoice ID Number (located on the NVC Welcome Letter you received from us). Once you obtain this information, log into the Immigrant Visa Invoice Payment Center and pay your fees. Please note you cannot pay these two fees simultaneously; the online system will ask you to pay them one at a time.

After submitting your payment online, please allow up to 1 week for NVC to process your fee payments before continuing to the next step. You will not be able to access Form DS-260 until NVC has processed your payments.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
That was done years ago. He got his visa months ago. He entered the U.S. Last month, got his passport stamped as temp green card. Green card fee paid in April. From what I understand, once he enters the green card will be mailed. I hear it may take a few months. Just can't figure out how to track.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
What is this welcome letter? Is this sent after applicant is in the U.S. ?

You are talking about the $165 fee.

• If you paid the fee before coming to the United States and do not receive your Green Card within 120 days after being admitted to the U.S., please contact us through our online help form at https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/contactus.

If you haven't received it you can make an InfoPass appt and have them put in a formal inquiry on processing of the I-52

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/USCIS/Resources/F4en.pdf

Of course, I am sure you understand your positive rating is very important to me as we are not on salary and that is how we receive compensation, you choosing a smiley face or 3+ stars
In the future, you may begin your questions with “FOR JUDITH” and I will be your personal immigration expert.

Judith

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Back to my original question, how does one track the the status of the card?

IF YOU HAVE NOT RECEIVED THE CARD WITHIN 120 DAYS:

contact us through our online help form at https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/contactus.

I am not sure what is not clear in my answer?

Judith