Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

My wife and I would like to have her 19 year old niece come

Customer Question

My wife and I would like to have her 19 year old niece come to the states and study at a local state university and stay with us.My wife is here legally and have a green card.
I own a business and am a US citicent.
How do we get her here?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 11 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 14 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

It is just to study temporarily, correct? And then maybe later she can get a professional visa after she graduates and later on a green card through employment?

I do not know why you are not responding, but you are not charged per question, per response, nor per answer. So after I give you my answer, you can continue to ask me questions without additional charge until you are satisfied. I apologize if it is a site issue that you posted and the post did not go through.

You cannot petition for her directly, but you can offer her financial support and room and board. First she has to find a school that will accept her. Once that is done, the school usually handles everything for free (other than costs) because for them to charge her tuition, they have to get her to the U.S. And believe me, they want to charge her tuition. She will have to prove that she has a home to go back to, that her plan is to go back home when she finishes studying (she can change her mind later) and that she has the financial resources to pay for at least 1 year of studies and room and board. Here is a link to get you started:

http://studyinthestates.dhs.gov/

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! If you have no further questions (at this time) please leave a positive rating for my service. I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars or smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, please click on my name and they should come out. Also, your session does NOT close when leaving a positive rating, so you can continue to ask additional questions without additional charge. Thank you for your understanding.

Hello Eggert. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!

Hello Eggert. Thank you for your kindness and respect. Good luck to you.