How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 3963
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Question 1. in one of my trips outside the country, I spent

Customer Question

Question 1. in one of my trips outside the country , I spent 6 months and 13 day because I was sick. i have doctors report and I filed my tax that year. Pls advice me on what exactly I should do.
Question 2. I did not file tax in 2011,because I came into this country or I became a lawful permanent resident on September 2011. I also did not get ssn number until November due to mistake on my name on the green card which resulted for reapplying for another green card. I tried to file a tax but tax respresentative I met told me that I should not worry to file a tax since am new in the country and did not work. I want to if this will affect me? I filled tax 2012,2013,2014 and 2015.
Considering That i did not filed tax on 2011 as I explained above, should a question on n400 form part 12 question no 7 A. be a yes or no answer?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 14 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

When was the date that you came back into the U.S. from that long trip?

And you had no income in the U.S. during the year of 2011? Or in 2011 you had less than 183 days in the U.S.?