How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 108667
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do I get a nanny visa for a person in Pakistan who

Customer Question

How do I get a nanny visa for a person in Pakistan who speaks Urdu/Punjabi for my 82yrs old mother?
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 11 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 14 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

What is your current status in the U.S.? How old is the nanny?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I am a US citizen. Nanny is about 30yrs old.
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 11 months ago.

That's a shame on both counts. Had you been in the U.S. on a different status like L or H, you could have gotten her a B visa for domestic employee, but as a U.S. Citizen, it becomes much more complicated. Also, since she is over 26, she cannot qualify for the J-1 Au Pair visa. So that really just leaves the H-2B visa and Pakistan is not listed as a country that is eligible for the H-2B. Here is a link:

If you could prove that it would be in the interests of the U.S. that she receive the H-2B, then they could approve it with her not being from a country on the list, but I think that will be very difficult to do. I am truly sorry. I wish I had better news for you, but the options are limited. The U.S. wants to make sure that U.S. workers are put to work first. You would have to look for a service that provides such card or place ads in the local newspaper to see if someone applies for it. I just ask that you not shoot the messenger. Shooting the messenger means leaving a negative rating (generally reserved for rude or unprofessional experts) or not leaving a positive rating at all.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! If you have no further questions (at this time) please leave a positive rating for my service. I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars or smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, please click on my name and they should come out. Also, your session does NOT close when leaving a positive rating, so you can continue to ask additional questions without additional charge. Thank you for your understanding.

Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 11 months ago.

Hello Kyle. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!

Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 11 months ago.

Hello Kyle. Thank you for your kindness and respect. Good luck to you.

Related Immigration Law Questions